This window was commissioned by The Church of Incarnation, Dallas Texas as part of a glazing scheme for a new 450 seated gothic chapel. The window was designed and manufactured by The Cathedral Studios. It is based on elements from Canterbury Cathedral’s 12th and 13th century windows, combining them to make new scenes in the style of the original medieval glaziers. The Cathedral has already completed three other stained glass windows for the church, including the east window, and look forward to working on future collaborations with the church.
In February of this year the safety deck in the nave finally came down after five years. Work on the conservation and restoration of the clerestory nave windows and stonework commenced in the spring of 2017 as part of ‘The Canterbury Journey’, a Heritage Lottery funded project. The stained glass windows on the north side were in particular need of urgent attention. They date from 1850 – 1855 and were made by the Cathedral glazier George Austin Junior. All eight north windows of the nave were carefully removed and taken to The Cathedral Studios for conservation. They have now been reinstalled back into their original locations with the addition of protective glazing.